- Published: Friday, 08 July 2016 16:36
Introducing the P320, a polymer-framed service pistol designed from the ground up with the input of law enforcement officers. The result is the most operator-safety focused striker duty pistol on the market today.
· Taking into account the concerns of military and police training officers, the P320 provides an enhanced level of safety not found on most modern service pistols. Unlike its competitors, the P320 does not require the operator to pull the trigger nor use a special tool to take-down the firearm for cleaning or routine maintenance.
· Featuring a modular grip frame and removable fire control assembly pioneered by SIG SAUER, the P320 is customizable to any hand size or duty requirement. The P320 can quickly be converted from a Full-size to a Carry pistol. Slide and barrel conversions allow the P320 to change between calibers and barrel lengths as well. The P320 will be immediately available in 9mm, .40S&W and .357SIG, with .45ACP coming later in 2014.
· With a partially pretensioned striker, the P320 has a short, crisp trigger pull with a quick, pronounced reset right out-of-the-box. The P320 comes in two trigger variants: a standard trigger and a tabbed safety trigger for specific law enforcement clients. Featuring the SIG SAUER internal safety system, the P320 has no external safety or decocking lever to snag or hang up on the draw. A frame-mounted thumb safety version will be available for law enforcement needs. Contrast or Night sights come standard, and the reversible magazine release makes the P320 completely ambidextrous.
· Whatever the requirement, patrol duty, competition, time at the shooting range, or concealed carry, the P320 brings SIG SAUER legendary reliability, durability, and quality to the polymer-framed, striker-fired duty pistol.
Unlike any other pistol in its class, the P320 features a unique 5-point safety system, standard on all models:
- Striker Safety
- Disconnect Safety
- 3-point Take Down Safety System
- Takedown is prohibited without removal of magazine
- System prohibits takedown without slide locked to the rear
- Rotation of takedown lever allows disassembly without tools or trigger manipulation.
The unique modular design of the P320 offers the user the ultimate in flexibility to change calibers, sizes, and fit. Small, medium, and large complete polymer grip modules ensure comfortable and optimal fit for the widest range of hand sizes.
Caliber 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W
Action Type Striker Fired DAO
Trigger Pull DA 5.5 - 7.5 lbs
Trigger Pull SA NA
Overall Length 7.2 in / 183 mm
Overall Height 5.5 in / 140 mm
Overall Width 1.4 in / 35.5 mm
Barrel Length 3.9 in / 99 mm
Sight Radius 5.8 in / 147 mm
Weight w/Mag 26.0 oz / 737 g
Mag Capacity 9mm 17 Rounds, .357 SIG 14 Rounds, .40 S&W 14 Rounds
Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
Grips Interchangeable Polymer
Frame Finish Black Polymer
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail Yes
Features Quick and safe take-down with no tools or trigger manipulation required, Double-Action striker fire operating system, SIGLITE® Night Sights. Comes with two magazines.